Have a Quick and Healthy Breakfast
Everyone needs a healthy breakfast – and in an ideal world, breakfast is also delicious, it doesn’t take very long to prepare, and is packed with nutrition. Here are three excellent ideas for delicious and healthy breakfasts.
Pudding Can be a Healthy Breakfast!
Banana Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding
2 very ripe bananas
1 ½ cups of your favourite milk (plant-based or other)
½ cup peanut butter
3 tbsp chia seeds
- Blend everything together and let it set in the fridge overnight, or for around 4 hours.
Tip: This can even double up as a healthy dessert at any time of the day!
A Superfood Protein Fix
1 cup cooked quinoa
½ cup shredded cheese
1 tsp salt
⅓ cup chopped spinach
1 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Warm the quinoa and mix the cheese in to melt it. Add spinach, eggs, garlic, and salt and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes.
Tip: Make a big batch and store in an airtight container in the fridge, it should last up to 4 days.
Keep Fuller for Longer with This Healthy Breakfast
Protein-Rich Overnight Oats
⅓ cup oats (regular or gluten-free
½ cup milk (plant-based or other)
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ cup of fruit, chopped up
1 tsp vanilla essence or cinnamon for flavour
Nuts and/or seeds or chopped-up dates
- Mix oats, milk, chia seeds, honey, and cinnamon or vanilla essence in an airtight container.
- Place in the fridge overnight and add fruit and other optional extras when you are ready to enjoy it.
Tip: This recipe can be prepared to be gluten-free and vegan-friendly, and can be eaten cold or warm.
Remember, no matter what you have for breakfast, it is always an excellent idea to start your day with some green tea. It is one of the healthiest beverages on earth!